To restore the strength, shape and structure of a tooth, Dr. Natasha Lisin-Queen may suggest a dental crown in Suwanee, Georgia. Your dental crown will be custom made to your smile. To learn more and to schedule a visit with our dentist, contact Smile Creations Dental at 470-297-6965.
Dental crowns, sometimes referred to as dental caps, are recommended to restore teeth that have sustained significant damage or decay. They are a versatile restoration and may be used for a number of different treatments, including:
- Anchoring and attaching a dental bridge
- Covering a dental implant to complete a tooth replacement
- Protecting a tooth following a root canal
- Strengthening a tooth that is fractured or weakened
- Supporting a tooth with a large filling and little remaining natural tooth structure
- Improving the appearance of a misshapen tooth
- Enhancing the beauty of your smile
Your crown will be custom-made to fit over your entire tooth all the way to the gum line and restore its original shape and size. Dental crowns may be made of several materials, including gold, porcelain and porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain and other tooth-colored materials are popular due to the fact that they match the natural color of your teeth.
When you receive a crown, plan on two visits with our dentist to complete your treatment. During the first appointment, impressions will be taken and the tooth will be prepared to receive a crown. A temporary crown will be placed to protect your tooth while the final crown is completed. At the second appointment, your final crown will be bonded into place over your tooth to restore its appearance and protect it from further damage.
If you have any questions about dental crowns or would like to set up a consultation with our dentist, please contact our office today.